Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have an LG DLE2512W dryer, when I turn it on the filter

Customer Question

I have an LG DLE2512W dryer, when I turn it on the filter light is blinking and the 5 lights around the selection switch are on. No buttons work at all. I can't turn the power off. I turn the breaker off and hold the start stop button for 8 sec. When I do this and turn the breaker back on, it won't even turn on. So I fli
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2005. Read my first message for model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't try and charge me unless you know you can help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you. I will be right with you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Now have you tried checking the filter to see if its full of lint?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

If the filter is not dirty then the problem is more than likely your control board has failed and is going to need to be replaced. Sadly the part has been discontinued by the manufacturer but I was able to find one on ebay that comes with a 60 day warranty in the event you are interested in repairing this dryer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6871EC1121C-L-G-Dryer-Main-Control-Board-60-Day-Warranty-/272395001614?hash=item3f6c01df0e:g:~yAAAOSwLF1X7Rny

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.