Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our fridge idler gallery displays error codes 5y and ef how

Customer Question

Our fridge idler gallery displays error codes 5y and ef how do I fix
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Frigid are gallery 4 yrs ols
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Sy EF means that your refrigerator thinks the evaporator fan motor isn't running properly. You're going to need to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer to see if any ice or frost is building up and hitting the fan blade. If so, use a hair dryer and thaw out any frost around the fan. Other than that if it all checks good, then replace the evaporator fan motor inside the freezer.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?