Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE washing machine and just replaced the main

Customer Question

I have a GE washing machine and just replaced the main circuit board. Still have no power. Do I need I need to reprogram it? If so how would I do that?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
GTWN5050MOWS
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thank you! That machine has a line filter that, as the name implies, filters the incoming line voltage. Have you verified that it is providing power out to the control?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would that he the fuse link wite?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wire
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

No, do you have a meter to test for voltage at the control board?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. I will have to find one to borrow. I did have several things checked out and found a chared place on the circuit board. So I do know it needed to be replaced. Beyond that, I'm at a total loss.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The line filter is shown at the link below.

CLICK HERE

See the attached page. The red arrows show where you should have 120 VAC if you can test with a meter. If no voltage at either of those points, replace the filter (if no voltage at the lower arrows) or check for wiring issues if no voltage at the upper arrows.

Let me know what you find with that voltage or if you have any questions at all!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Debbie! I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.