Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a new (purchased about eight months ago) Whirlpool

Customer Question

I have a new (purchased about eight months ago) Whirlpool gas range. The one with the convection oven and fifth burner on top under the dual, whole-top, black cast iron grills. My question is: Why do the oven light bulbs burn out about every six weeks? We don't even use the oven but about four to five times a month. I hope you have an answer for me.
Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.Eich.....
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The bulbs certainly shouldn't burn out that frequently. First, make sure you're using an oven bulb and not just a generic bulb. Oven bulbs will have a GOLD screw base. Otherwise they will make a bad connection and fail. Other than that, the bulbs go bad just from bad contact between the socket and the bulb over time so you may want to get some electrical contact grease and rub it over the base of the bulb when you instal the new bulb so it makes better contact.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?