Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My neptune dryer always has 18 or 37 lit up when it off a

Customer Question

my neptune dryer always has 18 or 37 lit up when it off a while. if i cancel that it wonks fine.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: maytag neptune,awy 5500 10yrs?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes after all it still works
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no just what causes the numbers and how to get them off
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So this issue can be caused by either the display board beginning to short out, or the touchpad beginning to fail thinking you're pressing a button when you're not. To know which is the faulty part, you need to open up the control panel and unplug the ribbon cable between the display board and touchpad. Then just wait to see if the display has 18 or 37 which illuminates when the unit is off. If so, then replace the display board. If unplugging the ribbon cable stops the unit from illuminating when off, then replace the touch control panel.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.