Eng-Tech
Eng-Tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Years of Repair Experience, Bachelor's Electrical Engineering Technology, MBA
95589641

How hard is to replace the door boot? several weeks, doesn't

Customer Question

how hard is to replace the door boot?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: several weeks, doesn't do it all the time, but discovered a large tear in the boot today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not sure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: debating if to just buy new washer, hate to be without 1 while waiting for parts
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag 2000 MHWE200XW00 maybe 4 years old
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eng-Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be helping you. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Expert:  Eng-Tech replied 1 month ago.

Replacing the door boot is an intermediate repair. Would you like for me to send you a video?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
send video
Expert:  Eng-Tech replied 1 month ago.

The below video illustrates the process. The part number for your washer (which is made by Whirlpool, is WPW10381562. You will want to verify this part when ordering, by telling the vendor the model and serial number of your washer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFDqUvBgxH4

Expert:  Eng-Tech replied 1 month ago.

That video may not be for your exact model, but will give you the general procedure.

Please rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.Although just answer gets paid, they don't pay me unless you rate me. Thanks!