Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

KCDS075T disposal has worked well for past 2 years but would

Customer Question

KCDS075T disposal has worked well for past 2 years but would not turn on today. I checked circuit breaker (was on) then removed switch and connected wires, still won't turn on. Also used provided wrench but there was no blockage. Can't find a reset button but hard to reach all around it. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

There actually is a reset button under the bottom of the disposal. Attached below is a picture to show you where it's located. Other than that, if that doesn't work and the disposal isn't jammed you'll need to confirm the disposal is getting power from your house. If that all checks good, it's time for a new disposal because the motor has failed I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.