Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My dishwasher door won't close. There is nothing in the way,

Customer Question

My dishwasher door won't close. There is nothing in the way, it just won't click close. I think the last time I opened it, it was on the very last 3 seconds of the cycle, I pressed the start button for 3 seconds and held the door closed. The drain light came on and it ran down the 3 seconds but now I still can't get the door to stay closed. Help.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: It is a Kenmore Model#665.1354. What is a diagnostic test cycle?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'll try.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure what you need to know.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds like the problem is with your door lock assembly and its going to need replaced. Have you checked to see that nothing is stuck in it to prevent it from closing?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

Also can you double check your model number for me it seems to be missing a few numbers. If you can get me the right number I can find the correct part you are going to need to order in order to fix this problem.