bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Asko T700 dryer starts when I push Start button, but stops

Customer Question

Asko T700 dryer starts when I push Start button, but stops when I release the button. Already tried unplugging and pushing reset button on back. No click heard.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Just moved into this house so I'm not sure. Where is make and model number located?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's easy but I'm not a technician
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. The model number is ***** located on the inside of the door. When you go to push the start button if there is no click then that means your lid switch (lock) assembly is not working and is going to need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here are the numbers I see:
Art. Nr. 10770010
Serial No 011420093025
ASKO T700 Butterfly Drying
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Attached is a picture. When I close the front door, it clicks just fine and turns on when I push the start button. As normal. But when I release the button and it stops turning. with the click sound, I meant when I push the reset button on the back of the machine, there is no click.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Door is magnetic
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

That sounds like a problem possibly with the board since I am not sure I will open this up to other experts to see what they think,.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not sure what you mean? You say you are not going to ask any other technicians what they think the problem is?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** looks like Travis has opted not to continue with this call. Looking at what you have said ~ it looks like the start switch is faulty - if you hold the dryer start button in the dryer works - Yes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I hold it down, it stays on. I let go, it turns off
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 month ago.

OK that confirms it - you need the following part - http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Asko-Dryer-Start-Switch/8061875/763255?modelNumber=T700&ss=a8b126d648119&mr=1 --