Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an LG refrigerator Model LFC25765ST that is not

Customer Question

I have an LG refrigerator Model LFC25765ST that is not getting cool in either in Fridge or Freezer. I watched a you tube with almost the same model that concluded it was the PCB. I ran the same test same thing happened. Are the PCBs a common problem?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2012 French Door lower freezer
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends...if this is a common problem a PCB swap is easy. Don't want to spend $200+ if there are other things to check. The Fan works, the coils are clean. What else could it be?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Is the fan next to the compressor running? If so, if you touch the compressor is it blazing hot, warm, or room temperature?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
warm
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

OK then your control board isn't the problem. If both the refrigerator and freezer and warming up and the control board were the issue, the fan wouldn't run or the compressor would be room temperature. If the compressor is warm then it's getting power which means you have a freon leak or an inefficient compressor. You'd need a technician to come check the freon pressure to determine if you have a leak or need a compressor, but those are the only 2 options given you conditions.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not so, the video shows the fan running. it has to do with the resitancnce coming off the PCB. When I hit the test button on the PCB the Fridge and the Freezer blows cold air during the test cycle.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are we done...really/