John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We were getting ice on the bottom of our Kitchenaid

Customer Question

We were getting ice on the bottom of our Kitchenaid refrigerator with bottom freezer. I went on-line and learned it's usually a clogged grommet, which I pulled, cleaned, and replaced. Now though, it sounds like the water dispenser is constantly running and water poured onto the floor. Any suggestions (other than hire a repairman)?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model KBFS20EVWH10 bought new about 4-5 years ago.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What little I could find on-line points in the direction of the water inlet valve sticking open.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** from what you have told sofar we need at this point to establish if you have a water inlet valve problem or the power switching to it. Can you get around the back of the unit?