Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag series 4000 front load washer changed main

I have a Maytag series 4000 front load washer changed main board went to power up and got F99 alarm how do I clear

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F99 error is an internal interface control board error. If unplugging the unit won't reset the issue, the front interface control board has just failed and would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. This is the board that all the buttons on the control panel affect when you push them.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Should unplug the board or just the machine

Either will work.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What about a F28 alarm

F28 is a communication error between the main board and the motor control board. If the CCU is new then that isn't going to be your problem, that would be a bad motor control board.