Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We are showing an F 01 code on our washer. we cant open the

we are showing an F 01 code on our washer. we cant open the door.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F01 is a very straight forward error on washers and it means that your main relay control board has failed an needs to be replaced. If you have a model number I can give you a link to the board you'd need to order and replace. However the model number is ***** on a sticker inside the door which is locked so you'll need to manually unlock the door. To unlock the door, unplug the washer and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Then you can reach down to the door latch and there is a plastic tab hanging form the bottom of the latch which you can pull down to manually unlock the door.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I finally got the door open and can see the model no. WFW8300SW00

Perfect, thank you. So the control board you need is WPW10205839. Below is a link to the part you'll need for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board