Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a 15 year old Frigidaire Gallery 11 cycle front load

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 15 year old Frigidaire Gallery 11 cycle front load washer. Recently it drains okay until the last final drain, rinse cycle. Then the tumbler stops and you can hear a quiet motor like hum. occasionally I can spin the selector to final cycle and it will finish and drain but not usually. What is it and is it worth repairing?
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 days ago.

You'll need to check and confirm the drain pump is getting 110 volts when it's just humming and not running, but if so the pump is just overheating and that's why it won't work at the end so the drain pump would need to be replaced. Now on the other hand if the drain pump is only getting like 50 or 60 volts, then that won't turn over the pump and that would be a bad contact in the timer so the timer would need to be replaced. The timer is about $300 to have replaced and the drain pump would be about $200 so I would think it's worth fixing the pump but maybe not the timer at 15 years old.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.