bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I bought the glass-top range in 2005. Last year the front

I bought the glass-top range in 2005. Last year the front panel (with outside glass) fell off. The original design appeared to anchor the panel only with glue. I talked to your tech and he confirmed this is a design defect and suggested that I get a high-temperature glue and reattach. I did. This lasted for about six months. Do you have a fix other than glue? The Model # is J908850KISS and Serial # is RH2292760.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

sorry, other than replacing the entire control panel I'm not sure there is another fix so I'll opt out.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
To clarify: This is not the control panel which is above the burners. The panel is the front façade made out of stainless steel and glass. Fronts the oven.

Hi my name is ***** ***** do you still require assistance with this repair?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
far I have gotten nothing from you guys. Anything would be helpful.

OK this is the stuff you need to replace the glass in place, its used by the manufacturers to fit glass to door and facia panels and is available here - the best way of using it is to align the parts and then apply pressure - I usually use a brick or metal weight to hold it whilst it goes off. -- https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/ambersil-oven-door-glass-hinge-heat-resistant-glue -- I have used it for years, as long as you clean up the surfaces before using it - it works 100% Avalable under trade name Servisol or Ambersil.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll try glue one more time. Thanks

OK would you now kindly rate the information given so that I can shut down the job on the system. If you need more help do come back to me. Thank you for using JA and have a good day.

bonzaco,
Experience: Owner at Dales Electronic