Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Years of Repair Experience, Bachelor's Electrical Engineering Technology, MBA
95589641

Our Kenmore series 600 top loader washing machine is a

Our Kenmore series 600 top loader washing machine is a little over one year old and has been working fine until now: I made a mistake and put in too many blankets into the machine and when it tried to drain after the wash cycle, an error code of "drn" came up. When I opened the lid, the items were soaking wet and the tub was still filled to about 3 inches. I removed all wet items and manuall removed all the water. I then tried to start another load (empty tho) and the same code came up. Then, my husband snaked the drain (to the house). No luck! What is the deal?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be helping you. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No problem. Thank you

The drn error usually shows up when the pressure switch is detecting a long drain. This is usually due to something being stuck in the pump. The likely location of the obstruction is either in the pump and/or the impeller.

The pump could still be running, but something stuck at the pump input.

I believe the pump needs to be removed and inspected.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do we access the pump and impeller?

Please send me the model number, located underneath the lid hinge.

It should start with a 110

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
110.26132410

The pump on this model can be accessed by tipping the washer back. The pump is visible from the bottom. There are several bolts that hold it on. Remember to always unplug the unit before attempting any repairs.

You may also need to take the back of of the machine. I can do it without taking the back off, but it will make it easier for you.

It gives you more room to work. Please rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.Although just answer gets paid, they don't pay me unless you rate me. Thanks!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. We are going to do as you have instructed. It will be a few minutes. I will touch bases with you again if we encounter any problems or if it doesn't solve the problem.We will rate you for sure! Thanks

Please refer to this step-by-step video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUoyP4QJv_c

Your washer is actually a Whirlpool Cabrio with a Kenmore name on it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It worked! Thank you so much