Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

When I attempt to use the unit I will set it for say 7

Customer Question

When I attempt to use the unit I will set it for say 7 minutes. When it has cooked for about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes it will stop. It also loses the clock which I must reset before attempting to use the unit.
This Unit is: Model #: NN-SN7785
Mfg Jan 2015
1250 Watts
Purchased from Walmart
Please help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The unit stops because the microwave overheats. It's not meant to cook on high for 7 minutes straight. 4 minutes is about the max time the unit can cook on high before the magnetron thermal cut out kicks in. You will need to change your power setting to 50% or so if you want it to run for 7 minutes.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.