Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Using 2006 GE Profile electric oven. Starting suddenly last

Using 2006 GE Profile electric oven. Starting suddenly last night for the convection oven when I set Bake Multi/1 rack for 400 it would go through 375 routine but only come up to read 265. Now it looks like whatever I set it at it goes though the proper routine but only comes up to read 100

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Does the oven heat on any settings at all like broil, bake, convection etc...? Also, do you have a model number?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Model 968KOF4CC. Trying oven on regular bake reading (350) and temperature is now rising steadily above 220.

OK that's what I figured. That means that your convection element itself has failed. This is a separate element behind the back vent panel inside the oven. You'll need to remove the back panel and flip the breaker off to the oven so you can see the convection fan blade and the element around it. The element will need to be replaced. Also your model is missing 2 or 3 letters in the beginning of it which you will need to look up the part.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You have been very helpful. This texting works for me because I am very hard of hearing. I should have realized there would be a separate element behind the panel. I am almost 80 and I have done enough of appliance repairs myself. I will probably just call someone in. I assume you will charge my credit card the remainder of the transaction.Thanks

No problem. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.