Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My dishwasher is showing code LL on Frigidaire dishwasher-

my dishwasher is showing code LL on Frigidaire dishwasher- it doesn't clean and makes a lot of noise now for last month.
I bought this dishwasher new last year

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am here and waiting

I'm sorry I have never seen an LL on a Frigidaire dishwasher so either the error isn't accurate or someone else will need to help you so I'll opt out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do I call Frigidaire? I bought this at Best Buy and they can't help me? Am I being charged for this?

Are you sure the error says LL and not LO possibly? What is the model number of your dishwasher?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Model.number is *****
And it definitely says LL . I have looked through manual and no code shows this either. .

I am not showing the error but I wonder if maybe it is a lid lock code? Do you hear the unit locking when you go to start a cycle? I am digging deeper but just curious

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it locks and runs.. and washes.. I ran a load this afternoon . Opened it during I think rinse cycle.. lots of debree garbage all over dishes so i rinsed and put back in.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I also have tried to take out bottom disposal system and never get anything. . I know I have hard water but also make sure rinse aid is full..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this just a lemon??? I had whirlpool dishwasher for years b4 this and it worked great

Ok so lets do this lets take the dishwasher out turn the water off of course and inspect it to see what is going on inside.

See if there is a clog in the drain pump , if anything looks disconnected. Circulation pump is ok things of that nature.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I now need to pay a plumber to do this????? I think I have a lemon and need to replace this. Really? Did u ever find LL code?

No there is nothing on an LL code for any dishwasher. I did not say to pay a plummer. I said lets take the dishwasher out and inspect whats going on inside. I can not say if it is a lemon or not just that the code is not something Frigidaire has so it makes no sense as to why you have that code.

If you would rather just not full with it and get a different one I do understand but I was just suggesting we see what is going on in there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I know! !! But how do intake the dishwasher out???

You are going to need to take it out from under the counter or however your set up is.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know how to do that. . It is installed under counter.. by a plumber

There should be a latch or something that has the dishwasher installed under the counter that will need to be removed in order to slide it out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no screws or anything?
I can try this tomorrow. ..it s late and I have to work tomorrow.

That is fine I will be here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Thanks!

Your welcome.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well. I am unable to get anybody to help with getting dishwasher disconnected. I am going to call and see if I can get this replaced.
This was jot helpful
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not at all

Ok I will have this question closed for you then. I did however look into a few things while waiting to hear back from you. I had a couple questions when you say LL does it look like LL or Ll because that makes a difference with a Kenmore dishwasher.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No itood photo but can't send through this sight. It is both capital LL..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I took photo.. sorry I'm on phone.with autocorrect

I think the problem you are experiencing is a faulty control board because I have even double checked with a few other appliance techs and there is no code for LL programmed with this brand of dishwasher. So the control board has to be faulty and will need to be replaced.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Frigidaire-Dishwasher-Control-Board/117492610/4245077?modelNumber=FGID2474QF4B&ss=a9b2i324d2112737&mr=1

This is the part for your unit and I am sure this is not what you wanted to hear but it is the problem you are having.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I will call frigidaire number and see if I can maybe get whole thing replaced.. like a said.. it is barely one year old..
Thanks for your help

You are very welcome. Thanks for sticking in there with me. Since it is barely a year old hopefully they will be willing to replace it at no charge to you because you should not have to deal with things like this. In any event have a good evening and if you found my information helpful please rate at the top. Thank you.

Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: maitenance tech at casto