Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator/freezer side by side.

I have a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator/freezer side by side. We started having problems getting ice about a year ago. We bought a new ice maker and put that in. Still having problems. Then replaced a water valve in the back of the refrigerator. Still having problems. The ice maker makes the ice, but won't dump. One night I noticed that it would dump after I ran my nightly water (from the door). So I started giving it time to re-freeze and would run a cup of water and it would dump again. When the water first starts coming out, it's slow (weak stream), then as the cup fills up, it starts getting stronger. Then the ice maker would dump and re-fill with water.Sometimes it will dump by itself for a day and then stop again. We replaced the filter twice and it's the same. this has gone on for months. Well, now, it's not working as easily. I can't seem to run enough water to get it to dump and then usually it's only one dump and it's over. Any suggestions??

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having such trouble with your ice maker. What is the model number of your ice maker?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey Travis. I'm so sorry. I'm at work. I'll have to see if I can find the model number. I just had so much trouble with it this morning, I decided to try to find help. Let me see if I can find it and I'll get back with you.

You are fine that is not an issue. The model number will be located on the inside of the fridge door (most of the time) sometimes in the freezer. When you get back to me with that we can see if we can get this problem solved for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great. I thought I had something here at work with the model number on it from ordering the ice maker. If I can't find it, I will start over with you tomorrow.
Thank you so much!

That is perfectly fine I am here when you need me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok Travis,
My Model # for my refrigerator is GS5SHAXNL01 is this what you need?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Or do you need the model number for the ice maker??

I never heard back from you. I was wondering how it was going? I sent the instruction for ice maker diagnostics I wanted to know if you were able to figure anything out?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, I've not had a chance to do much with it. But did check the optics. When the flap is open, the red light blinks twice and then a delay.... just as the instructions say. And when I close the flap, it still blinks twice and then a delay. No difference. That is all I've had a chance to try.

ok well once you get the chance to work further on it I will be here to assist you. That manual should be a great help in this. I do however hope you have found my information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Absolutely! Thank you for helping me and being patient with me.

You are perfectly fine that is why I am here :) Have a good day and I am here if you need anything further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sorry I've not had a chance to work on our ice maker yet. I just wanted you to know I've not forgotten you. We've just been extremely busy lately. But it has completely STOPPED dumping ice all together. This is the longest it's ever gone without dumping at all. . . . so we are having to BUY ice. :( But as soon as I get a minute I will get back with you. Thank you!