Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We had a power outage while my front load Duet washer was

Customer Question

We had a power outage while my front load Duet washer was running. when power was restored, the machine was off. Since then, I tried to start another load of clothes, and it indicated on readout that there was a problem. I followed directions to unplug and restart, but when I plug it back in it either lights up all stations on the selector dial or it will light up one but not change cycle light if moved to another station. The power button will not start the wash cycle and it always switches back to the power problem indication. HELP!
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Ill see if I can tell, its not on these booklets
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if its possible for me. I cant change parts . It's Model #WFW97HEXL2; Serial #C2055016
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I did a reset and now every light on front display is lit up
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately the power outage shorted out your front interface control board. That is the only thing that would cause all the lights on the selector dial to illuminate. It can act other ways as well, but nothing other than the interface board itself would cause that effect so below is a link to the interface board you'd need to order and replace to resolve the issue.

CLICK HERE for interface board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?