Steve M
Steve M, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Decades of Repair Experience, Bachelor's Electrical Engineering Technology.

My side-by-side refrigerator icemaker won't work. The ice

Customer Question

My side-by-side refrigerator icemaker won't work. The ice melted due to the recent hurricane and now the icemaker (the part where the ice ejects) won't release the ice.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Kenmore elite SR#HRY1575312; 6 yrs old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to know if there is some reason why the ice won't release.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The icemaker was fine until the hurricane. The ice melted and when the electricity came back on, I think there was some water stuck on the bottom edges and when i tried to eject the ice, thatt part wouldn't work.
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Steve M replied 4 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be helping you. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Expert:  Steve M replied 4 days ago.

What is the model number. It should start with a 106 and will be in the refrigerator compartment near the top shelf.

Expert:  Steve M replied 4 days ago.

Melted ice can lock down the mechanics of both the icemaker and ice dispenser. I recommend taking out the ice bin and soaking in warm water for 5 minutes then drying. If the issue is in the icemaker itself, I recommend pouring a cup of warm water into the icemaker and letting it cycle normally.

Expert:  Steve M replied 4 days ago.

Please rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. Although just answer gets paid, they don't pay me unless you rate me. Thanks!

Expert:  Steve M replied 4 days ago.