Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Just installed a brand new GE gse25hshss refridgerator and

Customer Question

just installed a brand new GE gse25hshss refridgerator and the temperature controls are not working - or at least not lighting up. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Check the wiring at the door harness and make sure they are plugged in, then unplug it for 1 minute and plug it back in. If it still does not come on I would call warranty service out as you will likely need a board.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks for the quick reply. I took off the plastic grill at the bottom of the unit and there are 2 plugs - neither of which were connected. One is square and has pins in 3 of the 4 corners. The other is rectangular with 3 pins in a row. I plugged in the square one and the controls lit up. I don't see anywhere to plug the other one. Photo included.

Yes there should be another end to connect that too and that is the issue

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
As I mentioned previously, the controls appear to be working now, but I am still not able to find where the other plug attaches. It is part of the same wiring harness as the square plug. Do you know what it attaches to?