Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Neptune MAH 3000 AWW washing machine works fine but I

Customer Question

My Neptune MAH 3000 AWW washing machine works fine but I can't get the door open. The ON/OFF button light is still on and nothing happens when I press it. I love my Neptune Washer and Dryer pair with the front doors. Please tell me what I can do. Thanks
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag Neptune Model MAH 3000. My washer and dryer are over 19 years old. I am 85!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to make an attempt and perhaps bring my grandson into the learning situation also.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My washer and dryer have been used lightly as I am old and alone - but most importantly, I really like these appliances and would like to be able to continue happily along with these good products.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

ANSWER:

Flip open the soap lid and you may need a phillips screwdriver to remove the bezel on it. Once off you should see a neon green or orange string. Pull that and the door should then unlock so you can open it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I removed the 4 screws, lifted the surrounding edger and softener and bleach dispenser and, lo and behold, the container is firmly fastened and not removable-- so your expensive "help" to access a "neon green or orange string" to unlock the door was of no use at all. How I laughed at my foolish innocence.

SEE IMAGE for the "help"

CLICK HERE