Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Hotpoint washer and the water level is way to low.

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint washer and the water level is way to low. Is there any way of changing it? Also the hot water is pee warm. I want it to be hot.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Steve M replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is***** will be helping you. Do you have a model number?

Expert:  Steve M replied 8 days ago.

If not. That is OK. Is it a top load washer?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No, Inever received a book with it but it is new
Expert:  Steve M replied 8 days ago.

Is the water coming in slowly? Less than normal amount?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I don't want to pay more money so will just cancel my card
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
not waiting that long so you can get your money for nothing
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I would really like an answer but can't afford more money
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I am sorry for the delay and confusion with the charges.

If the machine is newer (within the last couple years), the government mandated regulations for energy and water usage have restricted the manufacturers in the amount of water that may be used and the water temperature for the hot cycle. I suspect this is what you are experiencing.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm sure it is set to the gov standards but wanted to know if it could be changed
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Most cannot be, but some of the early models did have a plug on the control that could be modified. If you provide the model number, I am happy to take a look.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I don't have the model number. I wish I did.I could identify a picture of it but I don't know how to find the model number
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 days ago.

Any idea how old it is?

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 days ago.

The model number is ***** on top of the timer console or at the back of the opening where the clothes are loaded. Recent models are shown at the link below.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 days ago.

The water level is adjustable, the temperature is not. On the back of the pressure switch (number 10 in the diagram at the link below), there is an adjustment screw.

Turning the adjustment screw clockwise will increase water level. Make small adjustments until you have the desired level!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!