John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Bosch Washer 2401UC which is 16 years old. I moved

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Washer 2401UC which is 16 years old. I moved it and reconnected it and it worked fine. The cold and hot lines were reversed, so I shut every thing down, reconnected the water lines correctly, and started the system. Prior to starting the system I attempted to change the sound on the washer because it continues to beep. I held down the prewash to alter the sound but that did not work.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Bosch Washer WFK2401 UC The washer will not start now. I am trying to fault find and will check the door interlock latch. The washer will not start and not water is going to the tub.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have replaced several items on the washer before: Water Pump, Door Latch, Motor Carbon Bushings, Cold/Hot Water Valves. Also the Front Door Rubber Seal which connects to the tub
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Have you tried testing the water inlet valve with a multimeter to make sure everything is ok with that?