Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a Maytag MCT washer keeps shutting down on the drain

Customer Question

Have a Maytag MCT washer keeps shutting down on the drain cycle, flashing f9 & e1 check the trap nothing stuck inside
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 1 1/2 old model number MHW5100DWO
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: LOL if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If you unplug the washer, it will drain then when you start a new cycle it will stop after about 20 minutes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like you know this is a drain issue because you check the drain trap below the tub and found nothing. That means that either your drain pump is bad, or the pressure switch is bad because it's not reading the water level properly. To know which one is bad, just look at the washer when the error occurs. If the water doesn't completely drain out, then replace the drain pump. If the water did drain out but you're getting the error code anyways, you need to replace the pressure switch in the upper back right corner under the top panel of the washer mounted to the right side wall.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?