Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I own a Jenn-Air Gas-Electric Grill-Range with a Convection

Customer Question

I own a Jenn-Air Gas-Electric Grill-Range with a Convection Oven.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I've owned it since 1997; model # SVD48600W. My problem is that it set code F7, I understand that has something to do with sticky touchpad buttons but what can I do to repair it?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I've replaced the clock and circuit board because of a different problem about 6 years ago.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, what are my options for fixing this F7 trouble code?
Submitted: 2 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 days ago.

All you can really do is unplug the oven and try to heat up the touchpad with a hair dryer. Rub your thumb over the different buttons to try to unstick them. Other than that, disconnect the ribbon cable between the touchpad and the control board clock. Clean the ribbon cable using a pencil eraser and alcohol. Reconnect everything and re-apply power. If you still get an F7 error, the touchpad would need to be replaced and the part is no longer made so unless you can find one on-line it may be time to get a new range I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 day ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?