bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Have a Gag cooktop K E 272. One front burner (right side) is

Have a Gag cooktop K E 272.
One front burner (right side) is out.
Q: 1. removing the unit to access the elements? 2. Replacement or repair process?

If by the word 'out', you mean the burner isn't lighting, first vacuum the throat of the burner and the flame holes to see if there's an accumulation of soot blocking the burner gas flow. If doing this does not solve the problem, remove the burner, and wash it out with hot water.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Misunderstanding, so I'm afraid your advice does not help.
The stove is a Gaggenau (European) model KE 272 electric cooktop. It dates back to the middle 80's.
Unlike most other brand electric units removal of the lid to access burner elements is not obvious, and I am reluctant to go further with the project without advice on how access to burner elements is accomplished.Part of the advice I am seeking is whether the burner elements can be purchased and replaced, or perhaps there is nothing on the market. It's worth noting that three of the four burners operate. Only one fails to heat at all.

Hi my name is ***** ***** Would you kindly let me have the full model number please - Gags usually have 6 numbers after the KE - many thanks. Considering its age we may have problems getting you help as Gaggenau was purchased in 1995 by Bosch.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry to say the designation, "Electric Cooktop KE 272" is all that I have. It's printed on the Installation and Operating Instructions that I possess. The unit is accompanied by a side by side grill (VR 122-612).

OK is the cooktop fitted into a worksurface, if so what is below it?

bonzaco,
Experience: Owner at Dales Electronic
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is fitted into a countertop (Corian). It appears to be held down by bothy screws and a putty/paste.
Below the stove top is a basin shaped enclosure about 4" deep. I can see this if I remove decorative wood front panels in front of and below the stove. Within that basin enclosure would be the 4 electric burners (although I have not yet pried up the unit and examined it). There appears to be no easy access to electrical switches or the burners themselves, and the removal of the entire stovetop unit seems to lead to substantial problems in replacing the unit, and replacing the decorative front panels without damaging them

OK obviously the kitchen fitting company didn't factor in the easy removal for repair. Unfortunately you will have to ultimately remove the hobtop if you wan to replace the bits.