Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

Have a Gag cooktop K E 272. One front burner (right side) is

Customer Question

Have a Gag cooktop K E 272.
One front burner (right side) is out.
Q: 1. removing the unit to access the elements? 2. Replacement or repair process?
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 days ago.

If by the word 'out', you mean the burner isn't lighting, first vacuum the throat of the burner and the flame holes to see if there's an accumulation of soot blocking the burner gas flow. If doing this does not solve the problem, remove the burner, and wash it out with hot water.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Misunderstanding, so I'm afraid your advice does not help.
The stove is a Gaggenau (European) model KE 272 electric cooktop. It dates back to the middle 80's.
Unlike most other brand electric units removal of the lid to access burner elements is not obvious, and I am reluctant to go further with the project without advice on how access to burner elements is accomplished.Part of the advice I am seeking is whether the burner elements can be purchased and replaced, or perhaps there is nothing on the market. It's worth noting that three of the four burners operate. Only one fails to heat at all.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 day ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** Would you kindly let me have the full model number please - Gags usually have 6 numbers after the KE - many thanks. Considering its age we may have problems getting you help as Gaggenau was purchased in 1995 by Bosch.

Customer: replied 8 hours ago.
Sorry to say the designation, "Electric Cooktop KE 272" is all that I have. It's printed on the Installation and Operating Instructions that I possess. The unit is accompanied by a side by side grill (VR 122-612).
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 hours ago.

OK is the cooktop fitted into a worksurface, if so what is below it?