Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a 2 drawer F/P dishwasher blinking lites, showing F1

we have a 2 drawer F/P dishwasher blinking lites, showing F1 and wrench, turned off power, pushed buttons and home resolution?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: I am away from machine a Fisher Paykel 2 drawer, tell me how to run diagnostic test cycle please
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: we have had this problem before, a technician came out and resolved issue by pushing control buttons in a series of ways! Same problem, we live on an island and service call alone is $200.00
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have turned off power supply, restarted and no success.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Pushing buttons won't resolve this issue. F1 means that there is water in the base pan below the bottom drawer. This usually happens because something was stacked too high in one of the drawers when it was running and this caused the lid to not seal up when the drawer was shut. To correct the issue, pull the bottom drawer out. There are 2 square plastic push tabs on the right and left side of the drawer just behind the front panel. Pull the drawer forward and push in on these tabs. This will allow you to pull the drawer out a bit further so that you can get towels in the base pan behind the drawer.. Soak up all the water and leave the unit unplugged for 24 hours to let it dry out. Once it's dry, the F1 error will not return. If the F1 error does re-occur, then unfortunately you will need to replace the small filter board in the back left corner of the base pan under the plastic housing because that is what senses the water. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to remove the bottom drawer so that you can complete this repair.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Did this no water in base pan any other ideas

Then you need to replace the small filter board because that is what causes the F1 error to occur if it thinks water is in the base.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Something I can do or a service call?

if your handy you can replace it. You can order parts at if you enter your model number.