Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I replaced the ice door on a Kenmore 106.58904800 model

Customer Question

I replaced the ice door on a Kenmore 106.58904800 model refrigerator freezer. When I hooked the display panel back up, the discharge auger ran without the switch being activated by the arm. I'm about 97% sure I hooked all the wires up correctly. Any ideas about what to do to fix?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2008
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'd like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Ive been looking online for a wiring diagram but cant find one!
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Then either the switch is bad or depressed for the auger functions or the dispenser board is defective on the unit. I would take the dispenser apart and check switch #27 and if that is good for the auger get back to me.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When I push in on the chute, I can see the arm hit the switch and hear it click
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'll have to get back to you because I am at work and the refrigerator is at home

OK no problem I would disconnect the switch then and then plug in the board and see if it activates.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I tried that last night by unplugging the wire on the switch that went to the wiring harness connected to the display board, and it still ran! I could also disconnect one wire form the display and the water dispenser would work. Then I switched a couple wires on the display board now nothing works!

OK check the wire harness at the door hinge then.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Could you send me a picture of the wiring diagram so I can verify that I have the wires hooked up correctly?