Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Our Maytag washer MTW5600TQ2 on hot wash cycle does not use

Customer Question

Our Maytag washer MTW5600TQ2 on hot wash cycle does not use just hot water. Hot water runs for a while, then old and hot mix warm, and this recycles like this for a while. Should only hot water be coming in when knob is set for hot? Not sure if this is a new problem, but wife notices water is nt as hot as it should be. Plenty of hot water coming to machine
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MTW5600TQ2 model - approx. made in 2008?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Just researching to see if there is work to be done before calling in a repair man.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Does the energy rules require hot water to be cooled if too hot, or could there be a temperature sensor?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 days ago.

This is not actually a problem with the washer. You can't put straight hot water into the washer if the water is too hot. This washer has an automatic temperature control and sensor so if you call for cold water and it's too cold, it will start adding hot water to the mix. The same is true for the hot water. If it's too hot (above 103 degrees) it will start to add cold water to the mix to achieve the proper water temperature. If you believe it's not controlling the temperature properly and the water is much below 103 degrees went set to hot, then you'd need to replace the valve assembly which has the temperature thermistor sensor built into it so below is a link to the part if you need it.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK - Thanks. I didn't know I was going to get my answer via an email. I waited online like I had started with a chat. No where did I see I needed to log off and go to my email. You answered my question, but the response disconnect is not your fault. I'll be contacting justanswer with my concerns.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 days ago.

I'm very sorry about the miscommunication but I do wish you only the best.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?