bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

My Whirlpool washer modelWTW4800BQ1 reverts to" fill" light,

my Whirlpool washer modelWTW4800BQ1 reverts to" fill " light, but appears to have drained but not spun.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Does it do this at the start of the cycle, before it begins washing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no it starts filling and I go away. later when I think the wash should be done I return and see the "fill" lightbis on andthebtub drained but not "spun out " This is a solid state timer I think
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a problem with the solid state timer chips ?

Does it go into the wash cycle at all, do you know?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this all the help I get for $28.00 ??

.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
drain hose has a vacuum breaker at the high point ( above tub top ) then is open at the outlet ( runs to cellar drain )

Hi my name is ***** ***** lets try and move forward here, with the wash tub empty select spin and start - tell me if the tub spins please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
fyi: I ran a load (medium /warm ) earlier this afternoon with no problem. usually run large / cold which has had the problem described above.

OK - thank you. The usual things that cause spin problems are either a loose or slipping drive belt, the drive clutch or the actual motor itself. First thing I would check is the drive belt for tension.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It doesn't seem to be a "spin "problem, rather a problem in reverting to "fill""on the panel but no action taking place .
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It would seem that the timer has a mind of its own and decides to revert to Fill on the panel and a pause (really a stop )between "drain" and "spin" takes place.

OK taking that into consideration, does the machine actually progress from drain to spin and complete the cycle or not?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no the only way I have completed one of these "frozen cycles is to dial in "drain and spin" ; rinse and spin reverts to "fill" lighting up.

OK it sounds to me like the main control pcb is faulty

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
define "pcb" but my uneducated opinion has been right along that something in the control unit had failed
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Whatever it is I hope it is a replaceable plug in module

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-cntrl-elec-w10480177-ap5645951.html - theres the part you need. Old one out new on in.

bonzaco,
Experience: Owner at Dales Electronic
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Evidently the part # is not the right one for theWTW4800BQ1 and the control board for the 4800 is not in stock/ furthermore is it worth putting a $200 part in a $400 machine? . certainly not if I had a technician do it. Thank you .