Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

I have Miele G4676 Sc Plus dishwasher and the intake/drain

Hi, I have Miele G4676 Sc Plus dishwasher and the intake/drain light flashing after few minutes of working. In disgnostics mode the error code is at 9 o'clock.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Miele G4676 Sc Plus Disgnostics: Yes, at 9 o'clock
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: That was my plan - if it is doable
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There is no leak in the basin underneath. The machine takes water ok, starts washing, runs maybe 30s, stops for ~~15s, runs again 30s~, stops, runs,... could do this even 10 times and in the end stops completely and flashes intake/drain light.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds like the problem you are experiencing is with your heater intake level switch and it will need to be replaced.

You can contact Miele directly and just give them your model number in order to get the part this is a very common error with these units.

You will need to take the dishwasher out from the cabinet and turn the water off. Lay it on its right side and make sure to have something laid down for the water. Remove bottom panel there should be 4 screws i believe the circulation pump will be toward the back of the machine. do this once you have the part and you will know what you are looking for. The switch will have two molex plugs and a ground wire the switch is twist mounted into place. Release the clip and twist the switch off. Reverse steps to install new one and you will be good to go.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.