Eng-tech
Eng-tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Years of Repair Experience, Bachelor's Electrical Engineering Technology, MBA
95589641

Question about refrigerator, whirlpool about 10 year, yes,

Customer Question

good morning
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: question about refrigerator
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: whirlpool about 10 year
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: need idea to figure out what's wrong
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is***** can I assist you?

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a model number for this refrigerator?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
MOD: GD2NHAXMT00
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Ok, let me look that up. What is the issue with the refrigerator?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It stops cooling, compressor is not running. unplog plug power, it works again as normal, but it stops working after many hours.
I cleaned the bust, fan and air flow are good.
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

When it stops does it stop for a long time and food gets warm? Or, does it stop only for a short time then start back up?

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Stopping for a short time then starting back up is normal as that could be defrost mode or it has reached temp. Stopping until food gets warm is obviously abnormal.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

If it is stopping for many hours, I would be looking at the main control located underneath the refrigerator near the compressor.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, it does not start back up by itself even the temperature become high. But unplog plog power, it does restarts. Then it can work for many hours and a day, then stops again
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I opened it yesterday. I can see fan is working, air flow looks good. relay seems good too. what else I should look?
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

I believe you have a bad main control. The part number is ***** However, this board appears to be on a backorder. You will probably need to send it in for a rebuild. Here is where you can do this: http://www.corecentricsolutions.com/

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

We are on the honor system. Please rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do you mean the white box?
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Yes, the electronic board is in the white box. It needs to be opened and the board removed.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Please rate my service. Although Just Answer gets paid, they don't pay me for my time unless my service is rated. Thank you.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if I can be of more assistance. The rating feature is now enabled.