Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

How do you replace the top lamp in a Bosch wall oven (Model

How do you replace the top lamp in a Bosch wall oven (Model HBN4650AU FDno.8201)? I've been unable to remove/unscrew the internal lamp bezel, fearing it might break lugs (or whatever) if I exert too much force. I've established the lamp type, and just require access.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The code we supplied comes from the label on the oven, which is about 10 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if feasible with breaking 'plastic' lugs. I imagine that the replacement lamp will be a bayonet fitting.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've exerted as much torque as I can on the bezel, without breaking anything, but no movement!

Hi my name is ***** ***** do you have a pair of water pump pliers?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the hint. I can use jar lid-removing tools, or an adjustable automotive filter tool to rotate the cap (and lugs). Presumably the cap is stuck in place with oven residue, and cannot be shifted by hand. I'm collecting a lamp spare tomorrow, and will ensure that the oven is unplugged before attempting removal/replacement of the lamp.

Good move you may find that the lamp holder starts to move too so be careful - come back to me if you require the diagrams for it. In the meantime would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating at the top of the page so that I can close the job down on the system. Do come back to me if you need further advice.