AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 10 years
76126576

My GE gdt680sgh4bb dishwasher will not start. All status

Customer Question

My GE gdt680sgh4bb dishwasher will not start. All status lights look correct and the machine worked just two days ago. What's up with that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 6 months ago.

So the start light doesn't flash now?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That is correct. But other than the other status lights (seemingly properly) staying lit, nothing else is happening either.

Okay, sounds like the door switch may be faulty here. Check the switch for continuity with a multimeter. If no continuity replace the door switch. If the door switch tests continuity the control board is at fault and will need to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is no indication that the door switch is not indicating closed. Beforehand, I may have thought that too as the start light was flashing (including the yellow one on the front of the door). But now it does not flash either.So how do I get to the switch to check the continuity?

rest on the floor while you disconnect the user interface control wire harness from the control panel.

Pull off the outer door panel and control panel.

Unplug the door switch wire harness from the latch assembly.

Release the locking tabs and pull the door latch assembly out of the inner door panel.