Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool washer, LSR8233Q0, top part of agitator does not

Customer Question

whirlpool washer, LSR8233Q0, top part of agitator does not spin with lower part of agitator, is there a shear pin or something that links the two.thaks
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

If the top part of the agitator won't rotate, then your agitator dogs are stripped out. There is no pin, but the top part is not designed to go back and forth like the bottom part, it could turn clockwise, stall, clockwise, stall, clockwise, stall etc...

Anyways, the agitator dogs you need are part 80040 and below is a link to the kit you need to order which is less than $5. Also below is a video on how to replace them.

CLICK HERE for agitator dogs

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?