Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My Norcold n300 RV fridge will not stay lit. I have cleaned

Customer Question

My Norcold n300 RV fridge will not stay lit. I have cleaned the thermocouple. Will it damage the unit if I hold the "pilot" button down too long to get the unit too cool temporarily? We hope to camp tomorrow. Thank You *****
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: 2004 Norcold n300. It's always worked fine
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am a licensed plumber and have lots of thermocouples and gas valves.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: For right now, just so that I can use the unit, will I damage anything if I hold the "pilot" button down for a long time ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

When was the last time you checked the LP working pressure at the tank regulator? This fridge is very touchy and that has to be just right or it won't function properly. I am adding a link to the Norcold Service Manual and I would print this out so you have it. Good information in there. And to your question.........no, it won't damage anything, but best to find out the problem and resolve that. Hope that proves helpful. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/n300.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

One more thing you might want to check, especially since you had the thermocouple out on this and that is that the end need to covered in the flame. This model is very sensitive to having it back out too far. Please get back to me if you need more.