John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Frigidaire electric dryer will not turn on after setting

Customer Question

My Frigidaire electric dryer will not turn on after setting timer and pushing start button. Model FDE336RES1. When pushing button I hear a faint click but nothing happens each time start button is pushed in. Do I need timer, start switch, or the white capacitor timer wire?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Approx. 8 years old Model FDE336RES1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, just not sure which parts I would need, or should I replace all of them. The drum has been pulled 2 years ago by professional tech and I believe he replaced heating elements. U[p until now it has ran perfect.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I checked the power coming in from the receptacle and all is good there. It seems like it is either switch button or timer. While browsing I saw that there is a white capacitor wire that is related to the timer
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.