Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My dishwasher wash cycle doesn't shut off. It runs on

Customer Question

My dishwasher wash cycle doesn't shut off. It runs on regular wash for 5 to 6 hours! Can this be fixed?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: The # is SHU6805 Don't know the model. I don't know how to run a diagnostic test cycle.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: How difficult is it?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can this be easily corrected?
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 days ago.

Unfortunately this is a very common issue and it means that your control board inside the door has failed. There is a relay on the board that shorts out. This relay sends power to the heater, so when it fails the dishwasher doesn't wash well and it will run forever trying to heat the water which will never happen. Below is a link to the control board in the upper right hand corner of the door you'll need to replace in order to fix the problem. The part costs about $230 + shipping.

CLICK HERE for control board

To access the control board, just open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the door except the 2 down by the bottom of the door hinge, just loosen those two. Once you have those out, remove the 2 coming in from the sides of the control panel (left and right). The control panel will then pull off and you can access the control board inside. Remove the control panel and there are 3 tabs on the bottom of the control board you need to depress. Push on the tabs and remove the control board, then switch over connections one at a time and you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 day ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?