Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The refrigerator is working... the control panel does not

Customer Question

the refrigerator is working . . . the control panel does not display . . . I have tried the
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: the frig is a seven year old kitchen aid . . . I will have to be gone for 30 seconds to secure the model and serial number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I thought the solution to be an easy one . . . like unplug for 5 minutes and then replug (did not work) . . . sure I would like to avoid the 130 bucks for a service call
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really . . . frig is working fine . . . I would like to adjust the temp a bit and can't since there are no control displays
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Can I get the full model number please? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Kitchen Aid KFIS25XVMS1 KY2347503
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just want an answer , , , I am waiting
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Ok perfect, one moment while I look over your model's schematic.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Ok perfect, one moment while I look over your model's schematic. Ok so if the unit continues to cool but the display won't illuminate and work, something is wrong with your main control on the back of your refrigerator. Try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, below is a link to the control board on the back of your refrigerator you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have you viewed the model's schematic? I reiterate, I mentioned at the outset that I tried a "hard reset." That is, power was terminated for 10 minutes . . . then restored . . . no display appeared. The manual offered no information
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

yes, I have received your schematic. So if power was cut for 10 minutes, the board would need to be replaced

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Prior to contacting you, I knew that I could order a part. You were contacted by me to see if there was some step that I could take. I could have figured out to order a part without your help. Please do not charge me for I was given no useful information. Remove me from your list of trial subscribers. Make certain that all personal information is scrubbed, especially electronic address and credit card info. I can not believe. Please confirm that my card has been charged nothing, that all my info has disappeared.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately I can't control what fails on your appliance. If you knew that the only option at this point was replacing the board you would have never asked the question. So if I did nothing more than confirm what you suspected then I have done what I can and you can move forward. Have a nice day.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I never suggested that you could control what fails on my appliance. You do have the authority to not charge me, in light of non-service. The tone smells of fraudulent practice. Please confirm that I am not being charged and that all of my info has been wiped clean
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

again, have a nice day.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not need a new Appliance Technician. I need a civil response.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
awaiting your answer