John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I NEED TO REPLACE MY HEATER COIL ON MY EVAPORATOR ON MY

Customer Question

I NEED TO REPLACE MY HEATER COIL ON MY EVAPORATOR ON MY WHILPOOL SIDE BY SIDE, BUT I CAN'T GET IT OUT. ALL THE VIDIOD SHOW TO UNSCREW THE GLIDES FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE REFRIG. THAT HOLDS THE BOTTOM REST BUT MINE ARE PART OF THE MOLDED FRIG. THAT KEEPS ME FROM PULLING OUT THE BOTTOM UNIT TO PULL OUT THE HEATER COIL. PLEASE HELP.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I tried to call you and Just Answers system is telling me that the phone conversation, premium service payment has failed.

While I`m waiting on Just Answer to clear the payment issue up .

Can you give the the units model number from inside the fresh food section interior wall?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't understand problem with credit card. I just signed up and they accepted it for the site. Any way model number from inside of frig. Is ED5GVEXVD02

Thank you!

The heater has metal clips that hold it on to the Evaporator coil and some even have small tabs that need to be bent to remove the heater from the coil .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I understand that but you can't pull the bottom unit out on an angle to pull out the heater coil because the glides that are on both sides of the refrigerator are not removable like they show on videos. My glides are part of the molding which prevents me from pulling out bottom on an angle ,to pull out heater.

Can you send me a photo of the coil/ heater area?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how? To what #.

use the attachment icon at the top of the post box!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How we doing? Get the pictures? It allmost looks like the put the unit in as a whole and then conneted up the coils. The only way I can see gettig it out is to bend forward the metal that holds the cover panel then I might be able to bring the coil unit forward enough to slip the heater coil out. What you think?

no pictures !!

Just make sure you have removed the wire clips that hold the heater onto the coil.

and yes you will need to raise the heater up to get the heater off the coil

Once you used the attachment icon did you send the post?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I used the number(###) ###-####

I have no idea what that number is!

This is not a phone texting conversation , this is an internet web site.