John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I just bought a stackable maytag washer and dryer model

Customer Question

i just bought a stackable maytag washer and dryer model lse7804ace, when i got it home it worked fine except it took forever to dry the clothes. i noticed the lint trap was FULL of lint so i investigated further and noticed t he entire inside of the dryer (by the wires) was FULL of lint. so i took off the front and cleaned out all the lint. in the process i must have unplugged some wires because now when i am using the washer it will fill with water and then when it is done it will just make a light buzzing sound. it wont agitate or spin or drain. and the dryer works fine but when you set the time and it starts, if you open the door it will stop but it makes a humming sound. i noticed there is a yellow wire with the number 22 on it loose in side but i can not for the life of me find where it attaches to.....
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: lse7804ace
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

the yellow #22 wire goes to the timer and the other end of the wire goes to a quick connect that then goes to the washer drive motor.

Let me see if I can get a photo of the back of the timer.

I found a photo of the timer but not the back side of the timer.

But the terminal on the timer should be marked #22

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
would the loose wire marked #22 be causing the problems that i stated? and if so is it possible that the connect would be on the underside of the main box thing that all of the wires are plugged into? because i cant see a connector that is missing a wire to it. the only thing i can figure is that it is on the underside of it but if that is the case how do i get to it to re-attach the wire?

The Yellow wire #22 goes to the terminal #7 on the back of the timer and the other end goes into a quick connect plug the from the quick connect plug it goes to the washer motor.

But the yellow wire has nothing to do with the operation of the dryer.

Sorry for the delay I `m Teaching some OSHA classes at school, this week .