John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We purchased a wfw92hefc washer last month thru Sears. It

Customer Question

We purchased a wfw92hefc washer last month thru Sears. It comes with a Load & Go dispenser as well as the regular. When using the regular dispenser it flows thru directly to the machine door splilling onto the floor. Should there be some sort of filter cap to avoid this happening? Also, when using the load and go dipenser, it filled to the required amount of washing detergent but when the close is closed is displays empty. I would appreciate your assistance in both of these issues.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The receipt shows the number above and it is a whirlpool. We purchased and received it on Sept 1,2016.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: What work?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO just these two questions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute to pull up the models information.

ok on the regular dispenser drawer operation if you overfill the dispensers no matter which cup the unit will create a siphon effect and siphon the liquid out and into the washer.

Are you by chance filling it over the fill line?

And on the Load and go dispenser tank . if you fill it and it still shows empty ,With the unit being new I would suspect that you have a loose wire on the tank sensor.

If this unit is just one month old I would contact Whirlpool for a in warranty service call on the unit. so as not to void your warranty.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NO I am not filling it over the line. It drains immediately thru into the rubber circular strip on the door and spills to the floor.

ok and when it drains on to the floor you have the door open or closed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thanks I'll go to Whirlpool Support. Thank you for your help.

No thanks for What?

I suspect your no thanks was for a phone request( which is an auto request from just Answer not I!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We are out of sync, however Woody, I'm better off dealing directly with Whirlpool because of the warranty.

no problem!