Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Samsung micro goes to 4444 and then to 5e. I have cleaned

Customer Question

Samsung micro goes to 4444 and then to 5e. I have cleaned the contacks
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it is just the front panel yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

5E is an error code which means that your touch control panel has a stuck button or is shorted. Since the unit goes into(###) ###-####before the error occurs, you know that the 4 button is the one in question. Try to heat up the touchpad with a hair dryer and rub your thumb over the 4 button to see if it'll unstick. Reset power and if the issue keeps coming back, the entire touchpad will need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?