Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Maytag front load washing machine, model

Customer Question

I have a Maytag front load washing machine, model #MFW9600SQ1. I am getting an FH or HF code and the washer stops mid cycle. It has also dumped water on the floors twice. I have replaced the valve where the hot and cold water come into the machine, replaced the hot and cold hoses and took the front plate off and cleaned out the plastic circle thing.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Manufacture date is 2012, this is probably about when I bought it. The model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Maybe the seriall number, it is CSW0801366
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So it sounds like you know this HF error means that the washer thinks water isn't coming into the washer because you replace the valve. But if water gets dumps on the floors and you replaced the valve but you still get the HF error, your washer is just not reading the water level properly. There is a pressure switch in the far back right corner under the top panel of your washer. Disconnect the rubber hose going to this switch and blow through it to make sure it's clear. If you still have problems, replace the switch. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for pressure switch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Part is ordered. When I reget leave it I will Tre the answer assuming it works afterwards we are good to go. Thanks!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

ok good luck.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay, now I have replaced the pressure switch as well and am getting the same error message.... again the machine started leaking water as well.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello another expert here here is the information on an FH code for your unit.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I wanted to follow up with you to see how its going?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, that is quite a list you sent me to diagnose from. Looks like the page right out of the handbook for the machine.....
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

It is a list right out of the handbook I wanted to share so you understood what may possibly be going on.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Since the pressure switch has already been replaced I would say that is not the issue. I would more so think either the drain pump or water inlet valve may be the problem you are having. If all of that is ok then the problem is with your control board.