John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Model dishwashe rMDB7749SBW code 119540 problems with

Customer Question

Model dishwashe rMDB7749SBW code 119540 problems with control panel. When i press buttons such as auto clean don't come on . sanitize may com on. When I press start or cancel the lights do not come on. sometimes wash comes on and 2 hour delay comes on but starts immediately and the machine washes.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag Amana 3years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 days ago.

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.