Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have GE Profile Frence Doors Bottom Freeze refrigerator,

Customer Question

I have GE Profile Frence Doors Bottom Freeze refrigerator, Model # PFS22SISBSS,Serial #VH048632. The unit is getting power but the temp displays in the cooling section are dark.
Both the cool box and the freezer are not working. I unpluggd the fridge and when I plugged it back in and it sounds like something is attempting to start but it cuts out immediately. I got a service person and he claims it is the mother board and the overload assembly. I may be wrong but if feel if the unit was attempting to start that the problem would be in the ovetload assembly alone. please advise.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

There is a relay for the compressor on the board, that is probably what you are hearing click, if the compressor is not running and the board is not showing any readout on the temp display then the problem is the main board. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the overload on the compressor itself as that would not have anything to do with the display at all you would still get a readout on the display even if the compressor was not running.

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page or by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star or 5th face to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 days ago.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?