Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

Replaced control board with new unit. The only thing that

Customer Question

Replaced control board with new unit. The only thing that changed was the speed of the flashing and the start/resume LED stopped flashing. The normal wash and cancel LED are still flashing
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 10 days ago.

hmm that is not right then. Have you inspected the drain pump to see if there is a possible clog in there that could be causing this? The company that the control board came from will let you return it back to them in order to get your money back as well. I hate to see you lose out on your money.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No, but another person with the same model and problem (stopping mid cycle) asked another JustAnswer person and he says to replace the touch control panel... you concur?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 10 days ago.

That is surely a possibility but please do send the other part back so at least its not a waste of money.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Since these parts seem to give out pretty quick, we kept the other part, too.We can wash dishes now, but the control panel is still funky. We used to be able to select the wash cycle, then the temp scrub and or heat dry and then start the cycle.Now the only way to wash is to *first* select the start button, which automatically selects the normal wash cycle (heavy duty is no longer an option), plus the "drying" LED lights up. At least it does wash, but for what we've spent in replacement parts it would be ideal for it to function as it should.Is there a way to "reboot" the computer for this? Turning the circuit breaker off for a minute or so didn't have any effect on the strangeness of the control panel.Thanks for your help!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 days ago.

I do totally understand. At this point honestly I would have returned the parts and bought a new unit that has less problems. Either way I do hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time.